- Human Resources
New Positions available for Welders and Welder-Platers
We have some amazing opportunities available for new people to join
our team, as we continue to grow. If you are a Welder or Welder-Plater then please read on;
- We are seeking welders who want a career – not just a job
- We offer a four day 38 hour working week (Mon-Thurs) from 7.30 am to 5.30 pm
- We offer regular overtime - as and when needed
- Training and qualification programmes are fully supported for each welder
- Welders are encouraged to train in other methodologies (orbital, semi-automatic)
- The work is varied in terms of materials, thicknesses and welding types
- We provide training in Lean and other forward thinking methodologies
- We offer a competitive package of hours, wages and overtime
Our company specialises in the design and manufacture of bespoke, high integrity
pressure equipment for industries such as Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Nuclear,
Oil & Gas, Mining and Food. Our brand is now more than forty five years old and
from our Bradford base we export across the world.
We are offering a career in a company renowned for innovation, quality and great
customer service. Employee development, training and retention is a major part of
our company ethos and we strive for a happy working environment where everyone is
valued and appreciated.
As part of our strategic growth we are seeking to recruit more welders and welder-platers.
The individuals we are looking for easily stand out in the crowd as skilled, motivated,
career-focused and ambitious.
Welders will join our existing team and report directly to the Welding Team Leader.
The role will involve working to new engineering drawings for each bespoke project we
undertake. Welders will be responsible for inspection of fit ups prior to welding and the
welding process itself (TIG, SMAW, FCAW and SAW). The role also involves completion of
all welding records and quality documentation for each completed project.
The role will sometimes involve contributing to meetings (design, fabrication, quality or
audit reviews). The individual will be expected to work comfortably alongside other skilled
tradesmen, managers, clients and inspectors.
- SHE – take responsibility for individual and team activities/environment
- Quality - complete all welding documentation in a timely manner
- Objectives - understand and contribute to the company objectives
Expected knowledge & understanding:
- Forming processes – rolling, pressing, spinning etc.
- Preparation methods – grinding, machining, bevelling, profiling.
- Material product forms – pipes, tubes, plates, forgings etc.
- Crane operations – lifting, tilting, material rotation around CofG
- Associated equipment – rollers, manipulators, support devices
- NDT methods – DPI, MPI
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and welding symbols
- Good English communication skills (oral and written)
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team
- Proven ability to lay high quality Tig roots for different joint types
- Experience in laying multiple layer fillets and groove welds
- The ability to work with different weld preparations (single/double bevel, J-preps)
- Proven delivery of pressure sealing welds to X-ray or UT standards
- Experience in mid to heavy thickness Carbon Steel
- Experience in low to medium Stainless Steel and Nickel Alloys
- Knowledge of typical welding process failures and how to avoid them
- A strong sense of pride in producing high quality work on a consistent basis
- Willingness to meet fair requests for overtime or flexible working (as required)
- Willingness to train in new techniques and learn new skills if required
- Display a pro-active approach to offering contributions and suggestions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Apprentice trained welding qualifications.
- Existing code qualifications to ASME IX or BS EN 15614.
- Industry experience of working with round components (barrels, flanges, end caps)
- Our aim is to offer early interviews to suitably qualified individuals with fast track feedback to successful candidates.
If you are interested then please forward a covering letter and CV to